Do you have a recipe for success? Share your knowledge and ideas with student leaders and advisers from across the country—apply to present a workshop session at the LEAD National Student Leadership Conference.
Workshop sessions are focused on:
- Building Connections: Building connections is an essential ingredient of effective leadership. LEAD provides you the opportunity to build a national network of support and resources that will help you achieve your goals and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Expanding Leadership Skills: Continual growth is necessary to be a successful leader. LEAD is centered on creating space and opportunities for students and advisers to gain actionable skills and resources to become more impactful leaders in their schools, communities, and beyond.
- Amplifying Student Voice: Amplifying student voice is key to creating more equitable, inclusive, and student-centered communities. LEAD empowers students with skill-building opportunities while creating an open environment for them to offer valuable insight, fresh perspectives, and innovative ideas.
- Leading Through Service: Service, a cornerstone of leadership, is voluntarily giving your time and using your skills and talents for the benefit of the community and beyond. Serving others as individuals or in groups raises empathy and compassion toward those in need or crisis and creates lifelong habits of volunteering and active citizenship.
Deadline: December 13, 2023
The fine print:
- Users have the option to apply for one or both conferences.
- Students under age 13 may not submit their own presenter application. An adviser or conference chaperone must submit it on their behalf.
- There is no compensation for presenting a workshop session.
- The selling or promotion of books, materials, services, etc. is prohibited during the presentation.
- Inclusive and respectful language must be used in workshop session descriptions.
- Conference organizers will ensure diversity is represented among co-presenters and throughout session content.
- Presenters should make use of accessible presentation tools and visuals that adhere to the Americans with Disabilities Act.