2023-2024 LEAD Student Advisory Committee Application
LEAD is the premier national conference for student leaders and the educators who support them. We’re assembling a committee of students to help us plan and facilitate the upcoming LEAD Conferences in November and January.
Read the details and requirements below:
- 8 students currently in 9-11th grade
- Students will receive a $500 honorarium, to be paid in Feb. 2024
- Free registration, travel, hotel, and meals to attend both LEAD Conferences in November and January
- A member of an active National Honor Society or National Student Council chapter (the school must have also renewed the chapter’s membership for the 2023-2024 school year)
- Be available to attend both LEAD conferences in Washington, D.C., Nov. 10-12, 2023 and Jan. 25-28, 2024 (requires missing ~4 days of school).
- Actively participate in seven 1-hour virtual meetings to be held June 2023 through February 2024 (dates below)
- Include a letter of recommendation from your NHS or Student Council Advisor, Principal, or other school administrator (Assistant Principal, Dean, etc.). Download the recommendation form.
- May 2, 2023: Launch LSAC application
- May 19, 2023: LSAC applications due
- June 2, 2023: LSAC members selected and notified
- June 14, 2023: Virtual Meeting
- July 19, 2023: Virtual Meeting
- August 16, 2023: Virtual Meeting
- September 13, 2023: Virtual Meeting
- October 18, 2023: Virtual Meeting
- November 10-12, 2023: LEAD Conference